You may occasionally need to use a type of thread that is not included in the set of default thread options in the hole tool.
To create your custom threads:
- Shut down any instances of Alibre Design, so that the program is closed.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Alibre Design\System Files and then open the "alibre_unicode_sample" file in Notepad.
Note: If you can't find the above file, Display Hidden Files and folders by going to Start>My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>View. Click the check on Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- The alibre_unicode_sample contains a sample of how to define a thread. Follow this example to input your thread parameters at the bottom of the page, following the format in the examples shown in the sample.
- Next, do a "save as" and make sure you select "all files" from the "save as type" field. Name the file "alibre_unicode_custom.thd"
- Now, when you are creating the holes with the custom thread, you can select them from the Insert Hole dialogue.
Note that by default Windows does not display file name extensions - to see the .thd (or other Alibre system file extensions) you may need to check 'File name extensions' on the View ribbon.