Occasionally, technical support engineers may ask you to provide dxdiag and msinfo32 logs to learn more about your device's hardware and software configurations. This guide will help you through the process of creating these logs.
To create a dxdiag log:
1) Open the Windows Start Menu and search for "dxdiag" and click the dxdiag application when it shows up in the results.
2) In the application, click the "Run 64-bit Dxdiag" or "Run 32-bit Dxdiag" button and let the progress bar complete.
3) After the progress bar completes the run button should disappear. Then you may click "Save all information" and save the file. Attach this to your email.
To create an msinfo32 log:
1) Open the Windows Start Menu and search for "msinfo32" and click the msinfo32 application when it shows up in the results.
2) In the application, click on "file > save" and save the resulting .NFO file. Attach the .NFO file to your email.