Alibre Design has several different license types to fit your needs. Please review the license types and descriptions below and if you feel you need to change your license type, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The most common license type for companies and individuals. Put the software on as many computers as you want – but only one can be active at a time per license. To switch between computers, you will release the license on the first computer and then license the next computer.
- Ideal for when each software seat is mostly used by one person
- Ideal for when you don’t need to switch computers repeatedly
- Internet access is required to license and un-license machines, and about once a month in general
Useful for teams where several people need occasional access to the software, or for people who switch between computers constantly. Put the software on as many computers as you want – but only one can be active at a time per license. When you launch the software, it acquires an available license from your license pool automatically.
- Ideal when multiple people need occasional access
- Ideal for individuals who switch computers repeatedly
- Internet access is required to license and un-license machines
- Avoid if you don’t have consistent Internet access
Offline licenses are used when companies or individuals have security requirements that prevent Internet access. Ideal for small to medium sized teams.
- Ideal in high-security deployments
- Ideal when the software doesn’t need to move to different computers often
- Internet access on the machine is not required
- Some license related information must be transferred from each computer to Alibre and from Alibre to each computer during initial licensing, and yearly thereafter, for example via USB
- See the Knowledge Base article
For companies that have strict security requirements and fluid usage requirements. Local Network licensing provides the flexibility of Concurrent licensing with the security of Offline licensing. Deploy your own licensing server on your network with a pool of licenses. When someone starts the software, a license will automatically be taken from the available pool.
- Ideal when you have an IT team to deploy the licensing server
- See the Implementation Guide
- Ideal when computers on the network don’t have Internet access
- Ideal when each seat of software may be used by several people on different computers
- During installation of the licensing server, information must be passed from the server to Alibre, and from Alibre to the server, for example via USB transfer
- This process must occur yearly and every time the license requirements change – for example when you add another seat
- For customers in extremely secure environments who cannot have data leave their computers during the licensing process, a new licensing mechanism now exists. A license can now be generated by sending Alibre the computer’s Site Key, a short code that looks similar to LSURFTBZQX.